Do you know a college student or incoming freshman whose summer plans have been impacted by recent events?
Events around the world have had a profound effect on all of us at DDJ Capital Management, as well as our clients, industry colleagues and students who are interested in pursuing opportunities in the financial markets. As stewards of our clients’ assets, we seek to prudently invest in order to generate strong risk adjusted returns, and as citizens in the financial services industry, we seek to invest in college students, who will be the future of our industry.
As we continue to hear repeated stories of students losing their internships with financial services companies globally, we at DDJ thought about what we could do to help. While we can’t replace these lost internships and the critical experiences they provide, we can try to create other opportunities and experiences. To that end, we are announcing the DDJ Capital Management White Paper Challenge.
This White Paper Challenge is a writing contest for undergraduate college students interested in financial services. Each student will submit a paper discussing the topic: “Does Board Diversity Impact Corporate Performance?” This opportunity is to encourage college-aged students to explore the issues of diversity as they relate to corporate operations and success.
- Contest submissions are open from June 25, 2020 through July 22, 2020.
- Winners will be announced on DDJ Capital Management’s website (ddjcap.com) and social media platforms and will be invited to present their paper to the firm’s executives.
- Eligibility for this contest is limited to students who are entering their freshman, sophomore, junior and senior years in college. All academic majors are welcome to participate.
- The submission “jury” will consist of 12 members from DDJ’s investment and business development and client services teams.
- Applicants may submit only one paper – limited to 2,500 words. Please note that DDJ cannot provide critical feedback on all submissions.
- Prizes: First Prize – $600, Second Prize – $300, Third Prize – $150. Winners will be notified by August 8th.
- A full and complete copy of the official contest rules can be found here.
How to Apply
Please send your white paper submission and direct any questions about the competition to DDJ Investor Relations, email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, address, phone number, email and the college/university where you are currently enrolled in your submission.
DDJ Capital Management is a privately held investment manager for institutional clients that specializes in investments within the leveraged credit markets. Since our inception in 1996, DDJ has sought to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our clients by adhering to a value-oriented, bottom-up, fundamental investment philosophy. DDJ has extensive experience investing in securities issued by non-investment grade companies within the lower tier of the credit markets, including high yield bonds, bank loans and other special situation investments.
The information and views expressed herein are provided for informational purposes only, and do not constitute investment advice, are not a guarantee of future performance, and are not intended as an offer or solicitation with respect to the purchase or sale of any security. The inclusion of particular investment(s) herein is not intended to represent, and should not be interpreted to imply, a past or current specific recommendation to purchase or sell an investment. Any projections, outlooks or estimates contained herein are forward-looking statements based upon specific assumptions and should not be construed as indicative of any actual events that have occurred or may occur. This material has been prepared using sources of information generally believed to be reliable; however, its accuracy is not guaranteed. Investing involves risk, including loss of principal. Investors should consider the investment objective, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing with DDJ.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.